Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.

1 Corinthians 9:24


Sunday, February 19, 2012

Not dead yet.

I'd meant to post again sooner, but after I posted last time I went out for a run in worn out shoes and blistered, which cost me half a week. (Note to self, always start training for a new marathon with new shoes.). After I got back on my feet, I proceeded to get sick which cost me a full week, including my long run last week.

I got back to running Thursday with a fairly lackluster 4 mile performance; still a bit under the weather. I followed that up with a 16 mile run yesterday from Shady Grove to the Zoo. This was the first run I completed since I started training for the Shamrock; no mean feat since my lungs spent most of the afternoon fighting me. It felt much the same as the Half I ran last October that I ran with bronchitis. It's exciting because there were several times I thought about stopping, but persevere allowed me to finish.

After nearly a month of setbacks I feel like I'm finally back on track. With Shamrock four weeks from today, it comes none too soon. This should be the week I finally get a full week of training done. I've only got four weeks left; I've got work to do.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is great - I love that you have set such awesome goals - your sense of humour about this process is great too - Run Dave Run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsay. I think your blog is great as well. Thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete