Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.

1 Corinthians 9:24


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oorah...

This will be a short post with getting ready to leave first thing tomorrow to head down to Florida.  I registered today for the Marine Corps Marathon.  I only worked a half day so that I could be at my computer when registration opened at 3:00 this afternoon.  After a six mile run, I got home about 2:30 and began waiting for registration to open.  As it turned out, registration opened about twelve minutes early.  I registered immediately so that I'd be sure to have a spot, for peace of mind.  However, I didn't think that it was too urgent since it took 28 hours last year for the race to sell out.  About three hours later, the MCM website posted that they had sold out, much to my stunned surprise.  I expect that in the coming years they are going to have to implement some sort of lottery or qualifying standard.  Good thing they haven't this year.

This weekend I'm off to Jacksonville, FL to visit family and run the Gate River Run on Saturday.  The River Run starts at the Gator Bowl stadium and continues 9.3 miles through downtown Jacksonville on both sides of the St. Johns River.  For those interested in seeing a course map: http://us.mapometer.com/running/route_1747006.html. The course finishes just beyond the bridge in the picture.  I hope have a race recap up sometime later in the weekend, though I may not have it up until I get back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment